Achievements / movies / comp results / other proud moments
Achievements must be what we have the most fund memories of. A big thanks therefore to all my friends for all those great days we shared climbing mountains and skiing powder.
Favorite areas or descents
Chamonix, Northern Norway, Alaska.
Describe your skiing background
– Ski racing at young age, then some snow boarding before I ventured into the off-piste on skis at the age of 18. Since then I never stopped. There was lots to learn and lots to try and there still is. Skiing powder is one of the great pleasures in life and highly addictive!
What was your big breakthrough or defining moment in skiing?
– A first place at a feeride competition in Slovenia and a 2nd place in Bulgaria opened up some doors. This must have been in 2001. After that I also got my first sponsor contract. That was also the year I finished my UIAGM guide education and started to work as a mountain guide. More competitions and many great trips followed. Today I run my own guiding company and live in a place I always dreamed of.
Describe a skiing experience when things got out of hand
– Lets skip this point and rather think about all the fun days and the great snow!
What are you up to when you’re not skiing?
– Climbing either in the mountains around Chamonix or at some other special place on this great fun planet.
Any training advice or suggestions?
– Don’t forget the core strength!
Ski lots and have fun, learn about the mountains and respect them.
Who or what inspires you?
– People standing up for themselves, perform and are humble at the same time.
How do you see skiing evolving in the next five years?
– Back to nature, more stories of trips where we get a picture of a whole adventure, other then people jumping out of helicopters.
Do you have any vices that you would like to share?
– We live in such a fragile environment, let´s take more care of it, so our children will also have the chance to ski. Lets each make some sacrifices and tell others about it!
What are your future plans or goals in skiing?
– More face shots in those trees, more ski mountaineering adventures with friends!