Achievements/ movies / comp results / other proud moments
Front cover in Transworld Snowboarding Photo Annual 2012.
Favorite areas or descents
Antarctica, Greenland and Japan.
Describe your skiing background
- Lousy snowboarder, even lousier skier.
What was your big breakthrough or defining moment in skiing?
- 2001 when I started to sell my photos to ski magazines.
Describe a skiing experience when things got out of hand:
- It was a powder day in Whitewater, Canada. My camera bag started to roll down in deep powder. We found the bag few hundred meters lower down. Of course the bag was open and all the camera gear all over the place. Luckily we found everything except a 2x converter.
What are you up to when you’re not skiing?
- Family time, skateboarding, ice hockey and staring at my computer screen.
Any training advice or suggestions?
- Don’t copy. Do your own thing.
Who or what inspires you?
- Different cultures and personalities.
How do you see skiing evolving in the next five years?
- I think there will be more stories and adventures. I think ski porn is dying.
Do you have any vices that you would like to share?
- Be honest.
What are your future plans or goals in skiing?
- I want to show people the ski culture through my camera lens.