Sponsors: O’Neill, Jones Snowboards, Kask, Contour, Spark R&D, Zentrom, Black Star Wax, Czarny Gron
Achievements/ movies / comp results / other proud moments:
The most important the first ever descent snowboarding the ” Death couloir” in advance Nanga Parbat (8126 meters) in the Himalayas.
Favorite areas or descents:
Tatras Mountains/ Chamonix/ Himalayas.
What was your big breakthrough or defining moment in snowboarding?
- Definitely receiving sponsorship from Jeremy Jones and his company Jones Snowboards. It’s an incredible thing, because I remember when I was little steal from the store the only poster with Jeremy, who still hangs on my wall at home.Opportunity to be in this team is for me the motivation to develop my skills.
Describe a snowboarding experience when things got out of hand:
- Shame to admit but I badly planned my descent lines. It was in the Andes, avalanche swept me and under him I had a 100 meter high rock precipice. Back in difficult terrain lasted about 6 hours and probably only thanks to my climbing skills, I managed to return safely. There were other situations but perhaps better not to discourage people to such a beautiful sport.
What are you up to when you’re not snowboarding?
- I play a lot of sports because I’m studying at the University of Physical Education. I really like climbing, running, cycling and ski mountaineering.
Any training advice or suggestions?
- My training is primarily running in the mountains, gym and climbing. In my town is also a snowboard simulator (http://vimeo.com/23883735). My city is very good located, close to the mountains I have and I think this is the perfect place to traning before the winter season.
Who or what inspires you?
- Jeremy Jones, Xavier de Le Rue ,Travis Rice, Terje Haakonsen and Mitch Tölderer.
How do you see snowboarding evolving in the next five years?
- I think that the robots will ride freestyle. Freeride not will be held probably without climbing. Each year the crossbar is suspended higher and higher. So to do work!
Do you have any vices that you would like to share?
- I’m stubborn and always like to have your opinion so. insolent child. I think haste is my worst defect but rather in the mountains is not a good advantage.
What are your future plans or goals in snowboarding?
- In March I’m starting a New two-year snowboarding project called “ESCAPE Project”. The best Polish and World’s snowboarders are going to explore countries such as: Romania, Moldavia, Bulgaria and Georgia. “Escape Project” means: virgin areas, the most spectacular and dangerous rides in the deep snow, all-night climbing, bivouacs, miles away from civilization, in the temperature below minus twenty degrees, survival in a snowstorm – these, undoubtedly, make the project absolutely unique.
After 2012/2013 season I’m planning another snowboard project in Himalayas. I’ll probably try to snowboard K2 (8611 m.) – It’ll be my first trial in the history.