Achievements / movies / comp results / other proud moments
– When I finished my mountain guide education. Years of focus and hard work finally gave me the opportunity to travel the world and do what I most of all want to do!
Favorite areas or descents
That is a hard one… My Chamonix backyard of course, Swedish Lapland, Himalaya, Antarctica, Kamchatka is a big favourite to. Think I stop there…
Describe your skiing background
– Started to work in Riksgränsen as a ski patrol when I was quiet young and discovered a vertical world full of adventures. The older boys took me under their wings and brought me down to the big mountains in the alps where they learned me how to get up and down steep faces and narrow couloirs.
What was your big breakthrough or defining moment in skiing?
– When I for the first time came up to Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix with Swedish singer E-types words in my head: This, this is the way, this is the way I wanna live… If you do not know who E-type is, that is OK you have not missed too much.
Describe a skiing experience when things got out of hand
– Hmm, knock on wood, it has not really happened, but I can tell you about a few afters skis that completely went out of control.
What are you up to when you’re not skiing?
– Planning next ski trip, hunting moose, fishing, cooking food, climbing, hanging with friends and just trying to enjoy life.
Any training advice or suggestions?
– Never forget your running shoes
Who or what inspires you?
– A good moment with good friends. People that try do what they want, not what they are told to do. I also must mention my friend and Swedish big mountain skier Andreas Fransson. What he is doing right now is something that very few or even no one has ever done before, respect! And the man who got everyone in our generation in to skiing, the one and only: Ingemar Stenmark.
How do you see skiing evolving in the next five years?
– More of everything.
Do you have any vices that you would like to share?
– Snus, Coffee and First descents.
What are your future plans or goals in skiing?
– Higher, bigger, deeper, steeper!