Florian "Flo" Orley
Achievements/ movies / comp results / other proud moments:
- Vice World Champ Freeride World Tour 2011
- Many Contest Victories in Freerie Comps since 2000
- Filmtrips all over the world
- Stuntmen for Vin Diesel`s Triple xXx
- Crossing the Pacific on my sailing catamaran in 2010.
Favorite areas or descents:
Describe your riding background
- When I was 10 years old, snowboarding was just starting in Europe, and my hometown Innsbruck was the hotspot! I wanted to be cool so I started riding….and never stopped.
What was your big breakthrough or defining moment in skiing?
- Winning the Verbier Xtreme in 2000, this being my first ever freeride comp.
Describe a skiing experience when things got out of hand:
- As a young rider, I went ridig by myself a lot. I got buried by a slide up to my chest once, not being able to deploy the airbag I was wearing. This experience made me not more cautious, but more aware of how fast things can happen.
What are you up to when you’re not riding?
- Hanggliding, Surfing, B.A.S.E. Jumping, Biking.
Any training advice or suggestions?
- Do as many different things as you can and have fun.
Who or what inspires you?
- People who are trying to live their dreams, even if it`s hard.
How do you see riding evolving in the next five years?
- Freeriding I a big hype in Austria at the moment, I think this will produce a lot of very good riders!
Do you have any vices that you would like to share?
- Don´t be sucked into the working game without a vision.
What are your future plans or goals in riding?
- Keep riding on the highest level as long as I can, and then pas this experience on to the next generations!