Achievements / movies / comp results / other proud moments
– Sherpas Cinema “All.I.Can” , Salomon Freeski TV, MSP’s “In Deep”, “Claim”, “Seven Sunny Days, “Push/Pull”.
Favorite areas or descents
– I have had my fair share of fun in and around Whistler but I have to say there is no place like home.
Describe your skiing background
– Started skiing in Calgary, Alberta at five, joined the Sunshine Ski Club the next year. I continued racing until I was 16 when I quit racing and joined the Rocky Mountain Freeriders. Skiing with the likes of Kevin Hjertaas, Colin Puskas and the Hjorleifson brothers. The next winter I got a sponsorship through Fresh sports who hooked me up with my current sponsors, moved to Canmore and started ski bumming full time.
What was your big breakthrough or defining moment in skiing?
– The breakthrough is filming with MSP for “Push/Pull” with out a doubt. The most defining moment by far was being apart of “All.I.Can”.
Describe a skiing experience when things got out of hand
– Abma and I had quite the morning in Alaska a couple of years back. With more than a couple of down days we came out of the gates firing. Abma went for an amazing tumble losing both his skis, I almost got swept of a 60’ cliff in an avalanche. I met Abma at the bottom, lent him a
ski and we one ski skied to the heli with our tails between our legs.
What are you up to when you’re not skiing?
– Carpenter in Revelstoke in the summer.
Any training advice or suggestions?
– Ski fast take chances, stretching helps alot too.
Who or what inspires you?
– Mountains and the community of people that live in them.
How do you see skiing evolving in the next five years?
– Powder eights, I will be getting old then.
Do you have any vices that you would like to share?
– Shorter poles will make you ski better.
What are your future plans or goals in skiing?
– Continue to film with both the Sherpas and SFTV, combined with skiing as much powder snow as possible.