Achievements / movies / comp results / other proud moments
– It was a pretty proud moment when Kaj Zackrisson himself asked me to represent KASK. Making it to the Freeride World Tour was pretty big too. The first podiums are up there as well.
Favorite areas or descents
– Strandafjellet in the playful trees, and the long leg burners in Chamonix.
Describe your skiing background
– As most freeskiing girls I come from a racing background, but my family have always gone ski touring a lot. My first pair of rando skis was wooden skis, no steel edge and double sided tape as skins.
What was your big breakthrough or defining moment in skiing?
– Wouldn´t call it a big breakthrough maybe, but my first podium in Europe made me realize that this was something I definitely wanted to commit too. And so I guess it defined my skiing because I then chose to put it before everything else and to work hard at getting better at it.
Describe a skiing experience when things got out of hand
– That time in Snowbird, Utah last winter when I ripped my pants right of, beat my face up and got yelled at by a gaper for five minutes for being a irresponsible dick. He was kinda right.
What are you up to when you’re not skiing?
– I hang out with my dog Lucy in the mountains on Norway´s west coast. I like to bike, travel and hang out on a boat. My plan in the future is to spend my summers on a sail boat somewhere.
Any training advice or suggestions?
– Make a plan and promise yourself to stick to it. I like to work with trainers that can push you the last bit, or to have a training partner. Get a dog, that´s a mandatory cardio a day.
Who or what inspires you?
– I´m a mega sap for the underdogs of the world. Some of them makes you rethink what a struggle is. and make you push harder for others as well as yourself.
How do you see skiing evolving in the next five years?
– I find skiing to be this always evolving organism, skiers who move between the lines of the different segments in skiing will make those lines even more blurry. I think this will push all the areas, be it steep skiing, big mountain or bc freestyle. Combine it with new technology and I´m positive we will be blown away in the future too.
Do you have any vices that you would like to share?
– I´m a sucker for chocolate pudding.
What are your future plans or goals in skiing?
– Every winter I say that this year I will ski more than last year, it doesn´t always happen but I think it´s a pretty good goal. I also want to do more alpine stuff and I have a little list of projects that keeps getting longer.